Share This Article
Subscribe to our mailing list!
Childbirth; this life bringing act changes women’s lives and bodies forever. Around the world, women give birth to children even under the most uncomfortable conditions.
This week, five stories from around the world focused on childbirth and maternal health concerns.
- According to a joint UN study, one stillbirth is recorded every 16 seconds, here’s how the COVID-19-related health service disruptions could worsen the situation.
- This paper explores how the COVID-19 virus has affected pregnancy and childbirth and rumours on what the virus does to pregnant women.
- The World Health Organization has set a target to prevent maternal mortality.
- The BBC explores the story of a woman who allegedly gave birth to 10 babies earlier this year.
- Last month, World patient safety day was celebrated. The WHO has urged its stakeholders to “Act now for safe and respectful childbirth!” with the theme “Safe maternal and newborn care”