Golden Globes Awards: Women Who Made The Winning List!
Kodi Smit-McPhee won best supporting actor for his work in the western "The Power of the Dog," directed by Jane Campion, who also took home the award for best director. Rachel Zegler of "West Side Story" won best actress in a musical or comedy, and her co-star Ariana DeBose of "West Side Story" won best supporting actress.
Other notable winners included Everything Everywhere All At Once’s Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan, Austin Butler as Elvis, Cate Blanchett for her turn in Tár, Angela Bassett in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
Since the 2021 show, when it became public that the HFPA had no Black members and engaged in questionable business practices, the organisation has been plagued by scandal after scandal. Since NBC dropped out of broadcasting this year's ceremony, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) has expanded its membership and revised its bylaws to repair its reputation in the entertainment industry. At a more intimate event in December, HFPA President Helen Hoehne and Snoop Dogg read off this year's nominees.
"We’re going to be outspoken about what we’re learning and challenge others to join us with members from more than 50 countries. We have a unique place in the awards universe," Hoehne said in the opening remarks at Sunday's sparse ceremony.
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association didn't just announce the winners of the film and television categories; it also highlighted the charitable work it does by highlighting groups like St. Elmo Village, which gives people a safe space to explore their creativity and Get Lit, which uses poetry to increase teen literacy.
Unlike most years, this year's Golden Globes featured only a small number of celebrity guests. Jamie Lee Curtis and Arnold Schwarzenegger promoted the event with videos posted to the Golden Globes' Twitter account. Zegler, Rodriguez, and the "Encanto" Twitter account (which won the award for best-animated film) were among the few winners to publicly acknowledge their victories on social media.
Below is a list of female winners:
- Jane Campion (Best Director Motion Picture): “The Power of the Dog” (Netflix)
- Nicole Kidman (Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama) “Being the Ricardos"
- Rachel Zegler (Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy) “West Side Story”
- Ariana DeBose (Best Supporting Actress, Motion Picture) “West Side Story”
- Michaela Jaé Rodriguez (Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series, Drama) “Pose”
- Jean Smart (Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy) “Hacks”
- Sarah Snook (Best Supporting Actress, Television) “Succession”
- Billie Eilish, Finneas O’Connell (Best Original Song, Motion Picture) “No Time to Die” from “No Time to Die” (MGM/United Artists Releasing).
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series: Zendaya, Euphoria.
- Actress — drama: Cate Blanchett, “Tár”
- Actress — musical or comedy: Michelle Yeoh, “Everything Everywhere All At Once”